Airport Limousine buses connect Incheon Airport to various parts of the city. The service operates on 20 routes every 30-40 minutes from 5:00 AM to 10:40 PM.
The most convenient routes for the city center are:
The route details can be checked from Airport Limousine’s website.
The bus stations are located outside of the arrival area on the first floor. The ticket booths are located just near Gate 4 and Gate 9.
The journey to Seoul center takes around an hour. Expect to pay around ₩9000-10000 to city center by standard bus and ₩14000-15000 by deluxe bus.
• Even though the buses are called limousine buses, they are basically regular buses. Therefore, the only difference between standard and deluxe buses is that deluxe buses have wider space between the seats and they are faster as they have fewer stops.
• When you get your all Korean written ticket, be sure to check your bus platform (i.e. 4B) which is written on the left middle side of your ticket and get to that bus station.
There are two train options connect Seoul Incheon International Airport to Seoul Station located at the city center.
❯ AREX Express train goes directly to Seoul Station in 40 minutes. They operate from 5:20 AM to 9:40 PM, every 20-40 minutes. A ticket costs ₩14800.
❯ All Stop train stops at all stations and takes 55 minutes to get to Seoul Station. The trains operate from 5:23 AM to 11:42 PM, every 10 minutes. A ticket costs ₩4250.
All the trains depart from Airport Transportation Center on the B1 level of the terminal; simply follow the yellow train signs. There is a free electric cart service available between terminal and transportation center for passengers with disabilities or with heavy bags.
• To get to very center of the city, get off at the last station which is Seoul Station. From there, you can transfer to Seoul’s extensive metro network and get to any part of the city.
• If you are planning to travel to other parts of South Korea, you can take KTX (Korea Train Express, operated by Korail) from Seoul Station. Those trains offer high speed train connections to various Korean cities like: Busan, Gwangju, Yeosu and Daejeon. You can get your tickets directly from the Korail's website.
In Korea, there are three type of taxis:
A typical taxi ride from Incheon Airport to Seoul city center takes around 35 minutes.
The journey with a regular taxi costs around ₩60000–70000, depending on your final destination. Keep in mind that there is an additional tool fee, ₩8000, that will be added to the cost.
The taxis are located outside of Gate 4 to Gate 8.
Seoul Metropolitan Government has introduced a new service, called International Taxi, for foreigners to avoid scams and language problems.
You can book your ride directly from International Taxi website or from the booths located between Gates 4 and 5 at arrival area on the first floor.
International taxis are available 24 hours and located outside of Gate 3 and Gate 4.
• Avoid non-authorized drivers who approach you to offer taxi services. For your own safety, take only official taxis and be sure that the meter is reset and running at the start of your trip.
• Non authorized drivers may try to ask more money and insist, keep calm and take the picture of the license plate or driver’s ID and say that you will go to the police. This will calm them down and they will leave, if not call Seoul Global Center at +82 273 168 00.
Planning to rent a car at Seoul Incheon International Airport?
Check out Rentalcar's website to compare the prices find the best deal!