There are two main bus services available at Gardermoen Airport:
❯ SAS Flybussen buses offer connection between the airport and Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel via Oslo Bussterminal (Oslo's main bus station).
The service is available 24 hours a day, running every 20 minutes during the day (hourly between 10:00 PM and 3:00 AM).
The journey to central Oslo (Oslo Bussterminal) takes around 40 minutes and one-way ticket costs kr150 if bought online, kr180 on board.
❯ Flybussekspressen buses offer connections between the airport and districts of Bekkestua, Majorstuen, Ski, Sarpsborg and Fredrikstad.
• Oslo Bussterminal is the most convenient stop for the city center.
• If your flight is at night, the only option available except taxis is Flybussen as the service operates 24 hours a day.
• If your final destination is around airport neighbourhood, Ruter (local transport authority) services will be more convenient for you. Routes, fares and timetables are available at Ruter website.
Oslo Gardermoen Airport has two railway options that take you to Oslo city center or nearby cities:
❯ Flytoget (Airport Express train) is the fastest option to get to Oslo center.
The fast trains depart every 20 minutes from 5:00 AM to midnight. The journey to Oslo city center (Oslo S Station, 2nd stop from the airport) takes 20 minutes.
One-way ticket to Oslo costs kr180 (Children under 16 travel for free when accompanied by an adult).
You can check the timetables and the train status whether it is on schedule or not from the Flytoget website.
❯ NSB – Norwegian State Railways are the regional trains offer the cheapest transport option from the airport to Oslo center as well as other parts of Norway.
A journey with NSB trains to Oslo center takes around 25 minutes (only 5 minutes more than Flytoget trains). The trains run every 30 minutes from 5:00 AM to midnight and one-way ticket costs kr92.
The tickets can be bought from the NSB website.
All Flytoget and NSB trains depart from airport station, called Oslo Lufthavn, located within the terminal building. To reach the station, turn right after exiting customs and keep walking till the end of the corridor (or simply follow the trains sign).
• If you are not in a hurry, you can save around kr90 simply by taking NSB trains (you might need to wait a bit as they operate every 30 minutes).
• Free Wi-Fi connections and luggage spaces are available on trains.
• NSB trains depart also for Skien, Lillehammer, Trondheim and Kongsberg–Eidsvoll. If your final destination is one of these places, taking NSB trains will be a better option.
A typical taxi journey from Oslo Gardermoen Airport to Oslo city center costs between kr700-1000 and takes around 40 minutes.
You can take fixed-rate taxis from taxi information desk located in the arrivals hall.
If you don't want to deal with the hassle of taxi companies/drivers or long bus queues, you can prebook a ride via Kiwitaxi, an online booking platform that offers reliable and cheap airport transfers worldwide. The English-speaking driver will wait for you at the airport even if your flight is delayed, holding a sign with your name on it.
Taxis are quite expensive in Norway; if you are a budget traveler you should simply avoid this option.
Planning to rent a car at Oslo Gardermoen Airport?
Check out Rentalcar's website to compare the prices find the best deal!