UBE (Ultimate Bus Experience) offers comfortable express bus services to city center, tourist attractions and most hotels.
UBE has four different routes and generally operates from 6:00 AM to midnight, every hour. The tickets cost around ₱200-300, depending on your final destination. You can check the routes and book your tickets online.
The typical trip to Manila center around an least an hour.
• If you are really on budget and need to get to or leave the airport late at night, you can get public buses that operate 24 hours from Terminal 1,2 and 3. All the buses go along Epifanio de los Santos Avenue (EDSA), Manila's main road. However, keep in mind that this option is challenging for first-time visitors; taking a taxi is a more convenient option.
• There are bus/jeepney services available 24 hours that connect Ninoy Aquino Airport to closest LRT & MRT railway stations where you can get to Manila city center.
• The closest LRT station is called Baclaran and it is just 2 km away from the airport. From Baclaran Station, you can take yellow line LRT Line 1 to get to city center in 30 minutes. The trains operate from 5:00 AM to 9:30 PM, every 5 minutes.
• The closest MRT station is called Taft Avenue, reachable by the shuttle from Terminal 3. You can take MRT3 metro line that has 13 stations. The trains operate every 4-7 minutes from 4:30 AM to 10:30 PM. However, keep in mind that this line does not go to Manila city center, it covers only the outer parts of the city.
There is not any direct metro/train connection available at Ninoy Aquino Airport.
As today, the closest LRT station called Baclaran is located 2 km away from the airport. You can get to Baclaran in 5 minutes by using bus/jeepney services that operate 24 hours a day. From Baclaran Station, you can take yellow line (LRT Line 1) to get to Manila city center in 30 minutes.
LRT Line 1 has 20 stops covering most sightseeing points. The stations between United Nations Avenue and Bambang are located at the very center of the Manila.
The cost of the journey is between ₱15 - 30 depending on your final destination. The trains operate from 5:00 AM to 9:30 PM, every 5 minutes.
You can also to the closest MRT station is called Taft Avenue, by taking the shuttle from Terminal 3. You can take MRT3 metro line that has 13 stations. The trains operate every 4-7 minutes from 4:30 AM to 10:30 PM. However, keep in mind that this line does not go to Manila city center, it covers only the outer parts of the city.
Taxis are the easiest and hassle free transportation to city center.
The taxis are available outside of the terminal building. A taxi trip to Manila center takes approximately 20 minutes and the cost is around ₱200-350.
You can also book a pre-paid taxi (known as coupon taxi) from the counters at the arrival hall. However, the price will be around ₱600 as it is a fixed price and does not vary on traffic jams.
• Be sure to take an authorized taxi and insist the driver on turning the meter on. Due to the distance between terminals and unreliability of the shuttles, it is highly advised to get a taxi.
• Keep in mind that Manila is a huge city with 12 million of people living in, be sure that you have a clear written destination address and the driver understands it.
Planning to rent a car at Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport?
Check out Rentalcar's website to compare the prices find the best deal!