There are three different bus options available at Kuala Lumpur Airport. All of the options connect airport with KL Sentral Station.
❯ Airport Coach operates from the bus station located ground floor of Block C at KLIA Terminal.
The journey to KL Sentral takes around an hour and a single ticket costs RM 10, RM 18 return. You can get your tickets from KLIA ticket counters or directly from Airport Coach’s website.
The typical journey to KL Sentral takes around an hour and 15 minutes. A ticket costs RM 12 (children RM 6) and can be bought online or from the ticket counters.
• If you are heading to airport, it is highly recommended to take the buses at least 3 hours before your flight (4 hours for international departures).
• KLIA2 Terminal is located 2 km away from the main terminal. You can travel between the terminals using free shuttle service or ERL trains for RM2.
• There are also local buses to Nilai KTM Komuter station and Subang at KLIA terminal’s bus station.
Express Rail Link (ERL) connects Kuala Lumpur International Airport to the city center.
ERL trains operate from Klia Station (located at the main terminal building) and Klia 2 Station (located at KLIA2 Terminal).
There are two ERL train services available:
❯ KLIA Express Train is the fastest way to get to city center. The direct non-stop trains run between airport and KL Sentral Station (the city’s main transport hub) in the city center. The journey takes only 28 minutes and a single ticket costs RM 55, RM 25 for children under 12.
The trains operate from 5:00 AM to 1:00 AM, every 15 minutes at peak hours and every 20 minutes outside of peak hours.
❯ KLIA Transit Train, is a commuter train that also goes to KL Sentral Station but it has 3 additional stations. The journey to KL Sentral Station takes around 35 minutes and the ticket costs RM 55, RM 25 for children under 12.
The trains operate from 5:48 AM to 1:00 AM, every 20 minutes at peak hours and every 30 minutes outside of peak hours.
• Taking the train is the fastest and simplest way to get to city center from both terminals.
• Most low-cost airline companies fly from/to KLIA2 Terminal. Keep in mind that this is a new terminal that is located 2 km away from the main terminal.
You can also take one of these trains mentioned above to travel between those two terminals; the trip takes around 3 minutes and costs RM 2. Take transfer time into consideration not to miss your flight.
There are two type of taxi services available at KLIA and KLIA2 terminals: metered and pre-paid coupon taxis.
• KLIA terminal: Metered taxis are located at the transportation hub on Level 1 of the main building and pre-paid taxis are located on Level 3 of the building.
• KLIA2 terminal: All the taxis are located at the transportation hub on Level 1.
A journey to central Kuala Lumpur costs around RM75 whichever taxi you take and it lasts an hour.
• To get a metered taxi, you should get a coupon for RM2 from the ticket counter and then pay the final price at your final destination.
• You can get your pre-paid coupon taxi from the counters by paying the fixed fee in advance. This is a better option as you won’t have any surprises about cost.
• Keep in mind that there are many scams and pirate taxis at the airport. Don’t be tempted by touts as they will try to get you to their car and overcharge you, simply avoid contacting with them.
Planning to rent a car at Kuala Lumpur International Airport?
Check out Rentalcar's website to compare the prices find the best deal!