The Sky Bus Service is run by the Roads and Transport Authority, and has 12 lines that will take you to hotels across the city in about 25 minutes.
A ticket costs 15 AED (see below for information about the ticketing system).
Buses leave every 30 minutes.
They depart from Terminals 1, 2 and 3, across from the arrival halls.
You can check the different routes and timetables from Sky Bus website.
• In Dubai you cannot use cash to travel on buses and metro, so you'll need to get a rechargeable NOL card first. There are different types of travel cards depending on your needs:
• Red NOL card (ideal for tourists but can only be charged with up to 10 trips or 5 daily passes at a time; valid for 90 days)
• Silver NOL card (standard class traveler card, ideal if you travel often; valid for 5 years)
• Gold NOL card (gold class traveler card; more expensive, but you get more space and comfort on board)
• Blue NOL card (only for residents - personalized card with photo).
• Emirates travelers can use the free Emirates coach service which runs to and from Al Ain and Abu Dhabi.
There are only two metro lines in Dubai (green and red), but they get you to the most important places. The red metro line will take you from DXB Airport to the city center (Deria) in about 7-15 minutes.
Ticket cost depends on how many zones you pass through, but expect to pay around 3-8 AED (see BUS tab for information about the ticketing system).
The red line runs every 10 minutes from 5:50 AM–00:00 AM, except for Thursdays, when it runs from 5:30 AM – 1:00 AM, and Fridays, when services don't start till 1:00 PM and run until 00:00 AM.
You can board the metro in either Terminal 1 or 3.
• If you want to go to the old city of Deira, you should get off at Union Square Station (4 stops from T3, about 7 minutes).
• If you want to go to the Dubai World Trade Center, you should get off at World Trade Center Station (9 stops from T3 and 8 stops from T1, around 15 minutes).
• If your final destination is close to a green line stop, you can change to the green line either at Union Square or Oud Metha.
Dubai International Airport is located 14 km from Dubai city center (Deria).
Prepaid/fixed rate taxis are available 24 hours a day, and can be arranged in the arrivals hall. Metered taxis are available outside of each terminal.
A trip from the airport to the World Trade Center takes about 15 minutes.
The fare to central Dubai or to the World Trade Center is around 45 AED. There's a 25 AED surcharge between the hours of 8:00 PM and 6:00 AM.
Do keep in mind that there's also an additional 25 AED Airport Fee.
If you don't want to deal with the hassle of taxi companies or long bus queues, you can prebook a ride via Kiwitaxi, an online booking platform that offers reliable and cheap airport transfers worldwide. The English-speaking driver will wait for you at the airport even if your flight is delayed, holding a sign with your name on it.
Planning to rent a car at Dubai International Airport?
Check out Rentalcar's website to compare the prices find the best deal!