There are several bus lines that run from Tegel Airport to multiple districts and connect to the subway system.
❯ JetExpressBus TXL
If you are heading right to the city center, JetExpressBus TXL is the most convenient option.
The service operates every 5 minutes from 4:30 AM to midnight. The route covers main hubs like Hauptbahnhof (Berlin’s main train station); Brandenburg Gate and lastly Alexanderplatz (the very central of Berlin). You can also transfer to Berlin’s extensive underground network at these stations.
The journey to Alexanderplatz takes around 35 minutes and one-way ticket costs €2.80.
❯ Expressbus X9 and 109
If your accommodation is located around Kurfürstendamm, taking one of these buses will work better for you.
X9 and 109 run on the same route, however, the journey takes less with X9 as it is an express bus and has less stops. Either option will take you to Zoologischer Garten (the most essential junction point among former West Berlin) from which you can easily head for your destination using the underground network.
The whole journey takes around 20 minutes by X9 bus and 40 minutes by 109 bus. The service operates every 5-10 minutes from 4:30 AM to midnight. One-way ticket costs €2.80.
• Finding your way out might be tricky at Tegel Airport. No matter which terminal you get off the plane, walk towards Terminal A. All bus stops are located right in front of the main exits.
• Keep in mind to validate your ticket otherwise you could be asked to pay a penalty; the tickets are valid for two hours.
• If you are planning to use public transportation often, it is more convenient to get a daily ticket or a Berlin Welcome Card.
• FlixBus offers connections from Tegel Airport to various cities around Europe; you can buy your tickets (starting from €5) and check the bus schedules online.
There are no direct metros or trains connecting Berlin Tegel (TXL) Airport to Berlin city center.
A typical trip to central Berlin (Alexanderplatz) takes around 15 minutes and it costs €25.
You can get your ride at the official taxi lane located at following gates:
• Terminal A: Outside Gate 6-9
• Terminal C and E: Outside the main exits.
• There might be non-official taxis operating outside of the areas indicated above; be sure to take official taxis to avoid scams.
• Keep in mind these following charges that mightbe applied to fare:
Planning to rent a car at Berlin Tegel Airport?
Check out Rentalcar's website to compare the prices find the best deal!